It’s tough being a teenager.
You are juggling the demands of school, extracurricular activities and your social life. Like all teens, you probably worry about your appearance and whether you will fit in with your peers at school and elsewhere. Not to mention dating!
Parents, that’s plenty on your teen’s plate.
Being a teenager with braces can be even tougher, with many feeling self-conscious about their looks – especially their smiles.
That’s where Brodie Bowman Orthodontics in Fort Walton Beach and Niceville can help. We offer orthodontic treatments for teenagers that will leave them with healthy and attractive smiles – and we work with our patients to make this process as quick and comfortable as possible.
At Brodie Bowman Orthodontics, we offer braces and treatments that draw as little attention from others to patients’ mouths as possible. Many people may not even notice your teenager is wearing braces or undergoing orthodontic treatment.
If your teen is ready to have the smile of his or her dreams, we encourage you to reach out and schedule a consultation with Dr. Brodie Bowman in Fort Walton Beach. Your teenager will have a great smile – and feel great about it!
Teens’ Orthodontics Options
Teenage patients can choose from many different treatment options. Dr. Brodie Bowman has the skills and experience to ensure the best option is selected so your teen will receive the best results possible. Your teenager will smile bigger and brighter than before!
Their self-confidence and self-esteem likely will skyrocket as well.
If your teen’s teeth are less than perfect or misaligned, they are probably feeling self-conscious about their looks. It doesn’t have to be that way.
Many of our patients opt for Invisalign Teen treatments – and with good reason.
Traditional metal braces stand out more than Invisalign Teen, leaving already sensitive teen more self-conscious about their appearance.
Invisalign Teen allows patients to straighten their teeth – but without metal wires and brackets. That leaves teen patients free to better enjoy their teenage years.
Invisalign Teen aligners are made of smooth plastic. Most importantly, they are clear and virtually invisible to others!
Relatives and friends likely won’t even notice your teen is wearing them. So instead of hiding metal braces by not smiling, teens gain confidence to smile each and every day. That leads to a better social life and easier interactions with their peers.
Here are some other benefits of Invisalign Teen:
- Eating with more freedom: Many teens with traditional braces cannot chew gum or eat some of their favorite snack – from popcorn at the movies to healthy favorites such as apples. But with Invisalign Teen, teens can remove aligners, allowing them to eat all of their food favorites whenever they want to. Invisalign Teen also promotes easier brushing and flossing, just like teens without braces. Proper brushing and flossing can be a challenge with traditional braces.
- Keep Playing: Whether your teenager takes part in athletics or enjoys playing a musical instrument, metal braces can sometimes prevent or limit them from taking part in activities they love. That’s not the case with Invisalign Teen. Play away!
- Benefits of Straight Teeth: The benefits of having teeth that are properly aligned are many – and go far beyond just having an attractive smile. The American Dental Association reports that straightening teeth can significantly improve your dental health – and your overall health. Invisalign Teen reduces the risk of tooth decay and gum disease – conditions we all want to avoid.
- Healthy Teeth and Gums: Teeth that are crowded or spaced too widely can lead to swelling and discomfort, even bleeding. These also can signal the presence of periodontal disease. But when teeth align correctly, it aids in the gums fitting more securely around teeth. That promotes a strong defense against periodontal disease. Invisalign Teen’s clear and comfortable aligners move teeth into the right position, gradually and without pain. And without wires and brackets!
- Cleaner Teeth: One of the toughest parts of wearing traditional braces is getting rid of food trapped in wires and brackets. This build-up can cause plaque and lead to tooth decay and cavities. Invisalign aligners can be taken out, making brushing and flossing easier – and not a chore.
- Most people don’t associate healthy teeth and gums with their overall health. Cavities and gum problems are often caused by bacteria. If untreated, these problems can lead to painful sores, bad breath, and the loss of teeth. Even worse, oral infections can lead to heart disease, strokes, diabetes and pneumonia. Invisalign Teen effectively helps fight off these potential problems and protects your overall health.
Let’s face it, most teenagers don’t want to wear braces. But if they need to and you want to ensure your teenager has good health and a great-looking smile for years to come, contact Dr. Bowman today! Our professional and friendly staff is prepared to help your teenager smile like they never have before. Brodie Bowman Orthodontics is the right choice for your teenager’s orthodontic care. We look forward to hearing from you soon.